Let’s look at this fallacy by giving a definition by example(s).
Examples of the fallacy:
1. “Pol Pot was a killer. Pol Pot was a male. Therefore, people who are males are killers.”
2. “Stalin had a mustache, and Joe has a mustache. Stalin was evil. Therefore, Joe is evil.”
3. “Hitler had white skin, and Chris has white skin. Hitler hated jews. Therefore, Chris hates jews.”
4. “Stephen has a beard and Jon has a beard. Stephen is a philosopher. Therefore, Jon is a philosopher.”
5. “Hillary Clinton is a politician and a woman. Therefore, all politicians are women.”
#Guilt by association fallacy #association fallacy #examples of guilt by association fallacy #examples of association fallacy